- Core Chucks
- Core Shafts
- Safety Chucks
- Roll Stands and Processing Modules
- Brakes / Brake Pads
- Core Cutters
- Reel Spools / Reel Spool Shafts
- Slitting Systems / Knife Holders / Slitting Accessories
- Core Plugs
- Web Guides
- Web Tension Control Systems
- Rotary Unions
DLB-2000 Carbon Fiber Core Shafts
Lightweight carbon fiber core shafts minimize shaft weight in unwind and rewind converting applications.
- Meet OSHA standards for minimizing operator lifting injuries.
- Replace heavy steel shafts without sacrificing strength or stiffness.
- Double E pioneered the use of carbon fiber as a shaft housing material in 1986. Tens of thousands of Double E carbon fiber shafts are being used by converters all over the world.
|Carbon Fiber Shaft Housing||Lightweight||Fewer shaft handling injuries lower worker’s compensation expenses and non-productive time.
Meet regulations for single person lifting.
|Better ergonomics||No maintenance or jamming, no contamination.|
|Less deflection||Reduced vibration and less roll bounce.
Heavier roll weights.
|Higher critical speed||More throughput.|
|Protective Outer Sleeve||Protects carbon fiber
shaft from abrasion.
|Longer carbon fiber
|Proprietary Bladder||Stretches less than traditional
|Dependable lug collapse ensures
consistent, easy removal of shaft from spent cores
|More resistant to
heat, punction, and abrasion.
|Far less bladder failure
and minimized maintenance.
|Springless Lugs||No springs to break and puncture bladder.||Longer bladder life; less maintenance|
|Diamond pattern gripping surface with large surface area||Better grip with less
|Custom Journals||No press fit facilitates
though rare, is quick and easy.
DLB-2000 Carbon Fiber Shaft Components
- Carbon fiber shafts have stainless steel air valves that will not corrode.
- Easy-access journal fastening system (no press fit).
- Gripping lugs.
- Proprietary corded polyprene bladder material minimizes bladder failure and subsequent maintenance.
- Carbon fiber shaft housing can provide stiffness and strength equal to steel at a fraction of the weight.
- Metal sleeve protects carbon fiber shaft housing from abrasion.
- Hardened steel journals custom made to fit any machine.
CF-1000 Dura-Light Non-Expanding Carbon Fiber Shafts (Through Shafts)
- Used with core chucks to provide a lightweight shaft assembly
Dura-Light Mechanical Carbon Fiber Expanding Lug Shafts
- For high speed and/or heavyweight applications requiring maximum torque capacity and minimum vibration.
- Mechanical design provides the most powerful gripping force possible.
- Activated by turning a crank (or impact wrench) that is inserted into the end of a journal.
- Requires just five cranks for full expansion – lugs rise concentrically to center the carbon fiber shaft in the core, minimizing the roll bounce common with other types of expanding shafts.
- Mechanical and Pneumatic/Mechanical Shafts are also available in Double E's traditional steel design.
You Might Also Be Interested In...
Expanding Air Shafts - Lug Shafts
Air shafts are available in steel, aluminum, or lightweight carbon fiber; suitable for all types of winding applications.
Safety Chucks - Standard Sliding Models
Double E safety chucks make shaft loading simple. Flange or foot-mounted models available with turned square, square, circular, or triangular shaft engagements.
UC-3000 Air-Inflated Bladder Core Chucks
Lightweight air bladder chucks mount on a core shaft to grip cores with various diameters. Connecting air hose allows two chucks to inflate simultaneously.
Receive a Free Quote